Thursday, March 13, 2008

More spring break fun.

On Monday we went the Arctic Oasis on base. It's this huge free community center on base for all military families. It has a huge play structure, a work our facility next to it so parents can workout and watch their kids, a rock climbing wall, mini golf, virtual golf, an indoor skate park, pool, and a lot of other fun stuff. The kids love going there and we make the day of going there and just hanging out. This was my best attempt at a group picture because nobody wanted to stop playing to sit and smile.
When we came home that night there was a box waiting for us. It's was Grandma Nettie's Easter surprises inside. The kids always enjoy her packages. Thanks Nettie! I must say, my kids are so lucky to have some wonderful grandparents. I really never grew up with grandparents. My Nana, my dad's mom, died with I was 5 years old. I think if she would of lived that I would of experienced the joy of having a grandparent. My mother's parents are...well ,I'll just politely say that they were "non-existent. " The closet thing that I probably had to a grandma growing up would be my Aunt Rosie ( but she's like 20 years too young to be my grandma). She NEVER EVER EVER forgot our birthdays, graduations, etc. growing up. You would always see a card during a big part of your life. Still to this day my kids get a birthday card from her. She'll always be my favorite.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HEY we got those same darling packages! weren't those chickie coin purses the cutest? I wish we had fun stuff like you do!