Thursday, April 3, 2008

I made the bigger mess

Yesterday the girls made the biggest mess ever! They played dress up and it looked like Cinderella's closet had exploded in my house. I have no problem with messes as long as they clean up. After a while I told them that they needed to clean up their mess. ONE HOUR LATER they were still crying and fighting with each other. I finally had had enough of it and grabbed 4 trash bags. I went downstairs and told them I was there to help but we were going to throw everything away so they wouldn't have to worry about cleaning up ever again. They cried, screamed, and mourned the loss of their toys while they watched me put the bags in the trash cans. (I have memories of my parents doing the same thing to us kids). Of course I'm not going to throw the stuff out I just wanted them to see what life would be like for a couple of days without their toys. So last night I was talking to Aaron about it and he's like, "that's gross! Now you have to wash everything because it's been in the trash cans." I thought that I would just Lysol them down but as I walked past the trash cans in the garage this morning I realized that I do need to clean them now. Ahhhhhh....I think I'm the only one that leaned a lesson because today they are getting along just fine with each other and without the toys. Someone remind me to ask God why kids don't come with manuals. I mean everything else in the world does.

5 comments:

Yolanda said...

Isn't motherhood wonderful?! Sometimes our plans backfire and we end up with the short end of the stick. But I would have done the same thing Mija. Maybe in a few days they'll want their stuff back. Keep the stories coming. I love to hear them!! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Whenever I think of a punishment for the kids, I double check that its not punishing me too! Jessica E

Unknown said...

I hate their messy rooms its so annoying when you clean it all and get their attempted help....just to turn it around and it be a mess again! I give up! Lysol is a GOD sent when you are a mother of kids!
P.S. Check my blog I have a surprise for you!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha,, o that is great....But i feel your pain..I tried to get the kids to clean their rooms for mom's birthday on sat. ( cause they all came over here) we by the time the cousin's left i asked myself why did i bother screaming at the kids all day to clean their room, when it was 10 times messier when the everyone left that night lol... Love ya chic, megs

Megs said...

i finally got an account...=]