Saturday, April 5, 2008

Biggest Loser Week 1 Recap

Today we have our second weigh-in and another competition. After I woke up this morning I decided to run 3 miles before the weigh-in to sled some water weigh. The stupid thing about it was that I gained a pound because I was so thirsty and drank lots of water. So, this week all I lost was 3 pounds. I had to have my partner remind me that my goal was to lose 2.5 pounds each week to hit my 20 pounds. So now that I have it in perspective while writing this I'm proud of myself.

Our challenge this week was hard! Each team was separated into an A and B. The person doing the challenge during the A round was the easier round and B the harder. I was the B. The challenge was three fold. First we did wall press. You have to get a hymn book and put it on your legs and place a water bottle on top of that. You had to squat down against the wall until the water in your bottle was level. Then it was just a race to see who would get out first. My legs were screaming FIRE while Ali coached me and cheered on. The second challenge was the push-up. You had to go in the push-up position and couldn't break the plane in your back. That was so hard!!! I was in the B heat which was with most of the guys. I didn't stand a chance against them. Winning time was 7 minutes 15 seconds. The third challenge was you had to face your partner and put your feet heel, toe, heel, toe. You then had to hold hands and from the ankles on up you had to full extend your arms while leaning back and then pull yourself in. It was a challenge on balance because your feet were together.

Winning team was able to pick from three cards: cash, adventure, or game play. They picked game play and next week they get an extra turn at the challenge.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

You're a stud! Good job mija! 3lbs in one week is really good! The competition sounds hard. Thanks for the picture of your hair. It's looks so flattering. I like the color. Your face has thinned out so much!! Tell the kids thank you for the thank you cards.I got them today. I love the picture of Caleb. He's such a handsome young man!! I have the best looking bunch of grandbabies!!!!!
Love you so much! Keep up the good work. You can do it!! mamasita

Unknown said...

keep up the good work, you are inspiring me but not for about 10 months or so.... ;)