Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Becoming a gentleman

Today after I picked up Caleb from school we went to Costco to do some grocery shopping and eat dinner. When we were heading toward the car Caleb said, "I want to put the food in the car." He put it in and I was getting the girls in when I noticed Caleb wasn't standing next to me. I called out for him but he didn't answer. I went to the other side of the car and he was standing there holding the door open for me. It made me giggle and I get him a cuddle. Then I went on base to fill up my car (side note: Don't buy an Excursion!!! $150 later my car was filled. AHHHHHHH!) Caleb asked if he could help me so I said "sure" and I showed him how to pump gas. Then he washed my windows, or whatever parts of them he could reach because I drive a Metro bus. We got home and he jumped right out and asked to take everything in by himself. I've got no problem with that. I was getting the girls bathed and he comes in and says, "So I took out the kitchen trash, put the food away, put the cups in the sink, and tried to vacuum but the batteries were dead. (Dyson hand held is what he's talking about). What else can I do? Oh, let me clean you room and straighten out your bed." By this time I was busting up laughing and just grabbed that boy and hugged him. Caleb sure does love to help me out! He's got an amazing spirit.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

Caleb, you're so awesome! You have a very special spirit. I know Heavenly Father has some special things for you to do. It was wonderful to read how you're being the "man of the house" and helping your mom who appreciates it very much. We're so proud of you and think of you every day. We love you!
yoyo and grandpa

Megs said...

Wow! That is awesome! Its so nice when they get older to help out! =]

The Ellingson Zoo said...

What a nice young man! I hope all four of mine turn out so nice.