Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baptism Day

One of the proudest days as a parent.

Caleb's baptism day was a miracle, seriously. I had called the bishop and asked if the previous Saturday Aaron could baptize Caleb. He said that baptisms are only held on the first Saturday of each month with no exceptions because things were getting out of control. Guess what day Aaron left? The first Saturday of the month, January 3rd at 11pm. So Aaron was able to baptize Caleb that day.

It was such a good day. We bought him a new suit as his gift and he was so proud to wear it.

Caleb and one of his good friends were baptized on the same day. Hopefully in 11 years I can take a picture of them together again but going on missions.

5 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

okay, I posted a comment but it didn't go through (I think), so I basically said your kids are getting gigantic, and I'll add in this post--so cute, and I said that you look FANTASTIC--"holy hotness" were the words I used! Plus, how awesome that Aaron was able to baptize him. Don't you love to see the tender mercies that we are blessed with?!

Yolanda said...

Wow! Caleb is looking so grown-up. He has such a peaceful look about him. What a beautiful family!! Congratulations Caleb for choosing the right!! Love you all so much. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh that is great that Aaron was able to baptize him! congrats CALEB for being an official member now! love the family picture! JESSE HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY TOO! HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY LUV U, love, Jenn

Alex said...

How special. Im so glad Aaron could be home!

Brynn said...

HOLY COW, I can't believe he's old enough to get baptized. Congrats Caleb! How neat that Aaron was able to be home so they could share that special memory together.