Friday, January 23, 2009

Mom's Beauty Shop

About a week ago Caleb and I made an agreement that if he couldn't keep his hair oiled that I was going to cut it. He cried because, "everybody keeps their hair long mom! All the boys have long hair!" Gosh...it made me feel like I had gone back in time and he was trying to be a Beatle or something. He didn't do it so the barber shop opened. I cut his hair and Maddy needed on so this is the finish product. It was supposed to be a bob that just kept getting SHORTER! AHHHH! This is the only pic I have of her and it's blurry because I took it on my phone. Aaron said she looks like a mini Jessy and when I went to the store the other day the lady was like, "You're little girl is so cute! I can't believe how cute she is! And I've never seen a little girl that age have the same haircut as her mom." Okay...I had to tell Aaron so he could laugh. I did explain to her that it wasn't supposed to look like mine...I don't know if she believed me.
So Kali started begging me to get her haircut. I at first said no but remembered when I was little my mom let me have whatever hair style that I wanted. I know some parents who don't let their much older children have any decision. So..I thought about it for a minute and changed my mind.

I asked her what she wanted and she said a shorter bob. So I cut it almost to her shoulders. What I didn't take into account is that her hair is so curly and when you take all that weight off it will make it lighter...curlier. So, this is the end product. I cried. She loved it. Everywhere we go people tell her how cute her hair is, and I lip "thank you" behind her back. But now it's starting to grow on me. She likes to wear a headband which makes it look cuter. I think I'm going to leave Kali's hair to a professional.

3 comments:

Alex said...

WOW! You did a great job cutting hair. I cant believe you did it all yourself. They look so cute, I love the bobs on the girls! So cute!

* This Is My Life...My Family * said...

I love the haircuts they look awesome. You did do a good Job. When I go to visit you (when Jose wins the Lotto) Im gonna have you cut my hair too. I posted something for you on my Blog. I love you. XOXO

Lena

Our Three Sons said...

You did an awesome job!! I would have never had the guts to do it, I don't even touch the boys hair Noah does it! They look so cute!! I can't believe how big Maddie is already!