Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Starting Kindergarten

So Kali had her first day of Kindergarten yesterday. I THOUGHT I was very ready for her to go to school. It seemed like last school year she was so bored staying and home and I was running out of ideas to keep her busy. Kindergarten in Anchorage is all day everyday including music, P.E, art- the whole shabang. So when I was driving her to school yesterday out of no-where I started crying. I'm still excited for her but I started to realize that I'll never be able to go back and appreciate my time with her more. I should of played more instead of cleaned. Well, she had a fabulous day and told me all about when I picked her up.
Kali in front of the school sign. She was soooo excited!

She looks so little with her backpack on. I'm surprised that it didn't knock her flat on her back. P.S. Nettie she insisted on wearing the red sweater you bought for her. Yoyo, thanks for the jeans.

Kali and Mrs. Frost

Kali putting her little person under cold lunch.

Ready to start her first day of kindergarten. You would of thought that someone famous was in that classroom by how many flashes were going off from cameras. The parents stayed to sing a little song with the kids, say the pledge, and then were nicely kicked out by Mrs. Frost. I'm happy to report that I didn't have one of those hysterically crying children.

6 comments:

Alex said...

just reading about starting kindergarten is making me teary for payton to go in 2 years.

The Martins said...

Oh man, I remember when that little girl wouldn't do anything but suck on her thumb and stare you down! Can't believe she is in kindergarten!

Yolanda said...

Ohhh......our little Kali is growing up!! Can't believe she's already in kindergarten. Cute pictures! Sure miss all the grandbabies SO MUCH!! I miss their smell. Love it!! yoyo

Kathy said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Your kids are beautiful!

Kathy said...

OMG look at the little girl next to her! LOL

Brynn said...

I can't believe she's big enough for school!!! I remember when you had her. Man, we're gettin old! She's adorable Jessy.