Monday, August 4, 2008

Reach out and touch a mouse


On Saturday we were getting ready to leave and Caleb walked out to the car. What he didn't know was that a mouse had walked right next to him. The neighbors saw it but Caleb failed to realize this huge animal was a hand length away from him. When he finally did he yelled out for Aaron. Aaron turned around, he was at the driver's door, to realize that the mouse had ran around the car and was running past him to our backyard. Caleb ran inside to tell me and I got my phone out to take a picture. I ran out the front door to the front porch and was so close that I probably could of touched him. He was walking to the kid's fort in the backyard to munch on some leaves. Yummy.Today I'm very paranoid about the kids playing outside bc the neighbors found bear scat in their yard. There was also a man attacked by a bear in Eagle River yesterday but was able to get to the fire station. And then last night while we were eating at our friend's house she told me that on Driftwood Bay, the street out church is on and the school, a bear was caught on camera killing a mouse. I know that's normal but it all seems too close to home. Now, I could keep the kids inside but if I let myself always feel so scared that would be living inside. The neighborhood kids are outside so hopefully with all their noise it will keep all animals away.

1 comment:

Megs said...

This "moose" looks like a yearling Eddy said. so cute...But i know they can be mean. So scary about the bears! I bet texas is sounding better and better!!