Tradition in Eagle River is to have the firework show at midnight on the 3rd. It doesn't really get dark so if you have it on the 4th it's really the 5th. I wanted to mingle with all my other friends who I saw down at the festival but when I went to get the kids ready Maddy wasn't feeling well and asked if she could go to bed...in her clothes. That's super strange for Maddy to want to go to sleep when she knows we can go outside and play with all her friends. So I decided I'd let Maddy and Jack sleep until 11:45pm and wake them up then to watch the fireworks. We found this little grassy hill in our neighborhood. At first I thought that no body was there because it was a bad spot but when the fireworks started it turned out to be the perfect spot. It was just our little family watching fireworks at midnight. It was great! We sat there and ate popcorn and enjoyed the moment together. (Kali and Maddy look unhappy in the picture because by this time each had to use the bathroom really bad!)
No comments:
Post a Comment