Here are some recent conversations that I've had within the last week with Caleb. One is just brilliant and one was...well the opposite.
The other day we went for a family treat to McDonalds for ice cream cones. I was sitting there eating my ice cream cone when the following conversation took place:
Caleb: Mom, you can't eat ice cream you're trying to lose weight!
Mom: Well Caleb, I'm pregnant so I'm going to gain weight.
Caleb: (looking at me but I can tell he's thinking...) Mom this one time I had a video game that I got a lot of points. It took me a long time to get all these points. Then one day I turned it on and the points where gone. Kali erased them. (Kali in the background "not true"). It was bad because I had to start all over and get all those points again.
I just looked at him in amazement that he could relate weight gain to a video game. He made it that simple. I just laughed and gave him a hug.
Before the 4th of July parade started I was trying to distract the kids. They had been playing on the playground but the street was getting crowded and I thought it would be a good time for us to go back to our blanket set up on the curb. By this time people had settled all around us and we were packed in. So I started up a game of Eye Spy. Side note: There were these great commercials about 4 years ago. It all had to do with kids saying things, innocently, to embarrass their parents. My favorite one was this family is at a wedding and the mom is congratulating the bride. The little girl next to her says, "My mom says she can't believe that you're wearing white." And then it shows the mom's face. The whole commercial was don't you wish they were eating a granola bar right then. The following conversation would be how I would make my version of this commercial...
Mom: Alright guys, can you spot someone wearing red shoes?
Kids: Yeah right there
Mom: Can you spot someone wearing a striped shirt?
kids: That lady
Caleb: Mom I want a turn
Mom: Okay Caleb you're turn
Caleb: (in a loud voice and really excited about this one) Can you guys spot the guy with no legs?
Mom: (in total shock I put my hand over my face and lean over and quietly say) noooooooooooo Caleb
Caleb: (thinking that I said no because I didn't know where the guys was. He stretches out his hand and points) He's right there!!!!!
I thought I was going to die! The man was sitting directly across the street from us. And I know everybody heard Caleb.
1 comment:
Ha ha! Oh my goodness, I would die!
Post a Comment