The snow has finally melted and the sun is starting to come out. On Wednesday neighbors gathered together in the middle of the circle to catch up from this winter's hibernation. All of the sudden all the neighborhood children started to run towards us and were screaming bloody murder. I grabbed Jackson tight because I thought for sure a bear or moose had entered the neighborhood.
The parents started to yell, "WHAT'S WRONG?!! WHAT?!!"
The children screamed, "mosquito!!"
That's right, there were all running from the mosquito. (notice it's not plural). I couldn't believe it. Some of the little girls were crying. This time of year Alaska is notorious for it's outragous amount of mosquitoes that come out as soon as the snow melts. They're everywhere! It all started when one of the little girls decided that mosquitoes were prime evil and she was going to tell all the little neighborhood kids mosquitoes will suck out all your blood. So now every single child is deathly afraid of the mosquitoes. It's hilarious to watch them play and one of them spots a mosquito and they take off running and some will be crying. Caleb even refused to use the bathroom for a whole day because he saw a mosquito in there. In my effort to try to put an end to this I got a huge bottle of Off and sprayed them down and put it on the freezer in the garage. Today when Kali came inside it was wreaking of Off. I looked at her shirt and it had huge rings on the front of it where she must of drenched herself.
While this seems quite comical it's also scary because I can be inside and in unison hear 8 kids all scream at the same time. I know it's just a mosquito they've seen but I look out the window anyways because the bears and moose are out.
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! O my goodness that is just down right hillarious!! I love it~~ Such a scene from a movie or somthing lol.. Thanks that story made me laugh, i needed that!! 16 more days, yea!!!
LOL!!!!!!! That is SO FUNNY!! You should send that story in to someone! Thanks for the laugh!!!
I'll make sure that I have mosquito spray for them to use. Not that we have lots of mosquitoes. That's so hilarious!!!
Love you
Mom
Post a Comment