Lately I've been lifting a lot and hadn't realized until yesterday just how strong I'm getting. I take a lifting class twice a week and usually see the same friends in class. Usually during class my friend, Meagen, and I give each other a hard time about how much weight we load onto our bar and try to out do each other. Yesterday after class we decided to see how could squat the most. I couldn't believe it but I did two sets of 5 with 100lbs! I was so stoked! Then I thought I would try a set of lunges with 100 lbs but my form was so off by the time I hit 4. It was just too much weight for my leg. Then we decided to try bench presses and I did two sets of 5 with 70lbs! I was so pumped! I couldn't feel my arms or legs but I felt like the hulk, except I wasn't green or mad.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Feeling strong
Lately I've been lifting a lot and hadn't realized until yesterday just how strong I'm getting. I take a lifting class twice a week and usually see the same friends in class. Usually during class my friend, Meagen, and I give each other a hard time about how much weight we load onto our bar and try to out do each other. Yesterday after class we decided to see how could squat the most. I couldn't believe it but I did two sets of 5 with 100lbs! I was so stoked! Then I thought I would try a set of lunges with 100 lbs but my form was so off by the time I hit 4. It was just too much weight for my leg. Then we decided to try bench presses and I did two sets of 5 with 70lbs! I was so pumped! I couldn't feel my arms or legs but I felt like the hulk, except I wasn't green or mad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment