Sunday, May 11, 2008

Caleb's zoo field trip

On Friday of last week Caleb's class went on a field trip to the zoo. Field trips here are done with parent's driving (no school buses) so I volunteered and the whole fam went. We had never been there so I thought it would be fun for all.
Funny story: I was all excited, maybe a little too excited, that the seal was swimming around Madeline and I went to go put my face close to the glass with her and misjudged the depth of the glass. I thought that I was further back than what it was and smack my face HARD into the glass. It made this huge noise and everybody was starring at me. I thought I was going to pass out for a second and was seeing the little stars. LOL. All these people just busted out laughing, including me. Classic.
Do you see how my children are on the railing? The Alaska zoo is filled with animals from Alaska. Meaning, anything that just might roam in our neighborhood at any given time: moose, bears, bald eagles. My friend and I had a laugh about it.
Yep, we were that close to the grizzly bears. I used it as an excellent time to teach my children what to do if a bear comes roaming through the neighborhood when they're playing outside. I know that sounds bad but I guess it's better than the ghetto, right?

No comments: