Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Becuase Prayers are answered
I've found myself in a couple situations lately where it seemed that they only way to find my answer was going to have to come through prayer. Prayer worked when our family knelt down two weekends ago because I had messed up our electrical SO BAD that even the neighborhood electrician quit. Within ten minutes of that prayer I finally figured out what wires should do where and everything was restored to normal. Yesterday the school nurse called me and told me that Caleb needed to be picked up because he had a sore throat and was running a fever. I was stuck at gymnastics for Kali and her class was ending in 10 minutes so I figured that I would make him an appt at the clinic while we waited. Tricare said that no appt was necessary that the Pediatric clinic took walk-ins from 1-3 for throat cultures. Perfect. I picked Caleb up and we all headed down to the clinic to get his throat culture. I checked in a little before 2. At 2:30 I asked them how much long. By this time Jackson is crying, Madeline is just going nuts and ate like a whole tub of raisins that I keep in the diaper bag, Caleb is crying because he has a fever and doesn't feel well, and Kali is playing hide-and-go-seek with some kid in a clinic that is already too crowded. (When we showed up we were the only ones there). FINALLY at 3 they call us back. At 3:10 we are put into a room. I tried to keep them entertained with "I spy" as long as I could but after 20 minutes I lost their interest and they began to spin each other on the doctor's stool as fast as they could. At 4pm I walked out of the clinic with my ducklings following behind. I was a MAD MOM! They medic came running after me and I let him know what I thought of military care and this clinic. Kali had been begging to go to the bathroom and I took her down there but I felt so lost on what to do because Caleb was still sick. I called my friend, Shannon, and asked her if her husband was still at work. (He's an allergist and works in the same hospital). I explained my situation and she said that she would try to get a hold of Chris to see if he could help me. She called back a couple minutes later and said that he wasn't answering his office phone. (While I was on the phone I could hear Madeline and Kali just having a party in the bathroom. I wonder what it looked like when they came out). While I stared at Caleb I started to cry and said a prayer out loud, "Heavenly Father please help me help Caleb. Please send someone." We started walking down the hallway to the parking lot and when I turned the corner Chris was standing there with a big smile and a throat culture swab. A mother's prayer was answered. He took us back to his office and helped us. He even said that if Caleb's test came back positive for strep he would bring over the antibiotics for us. When we got to our car I lost it because I felt so overwhelmed with gratitude. God is so good. How humble I feel that it seems all prayers are answered; especially a mother's plea for her child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awww, that made me cry. How right you are.
Chris was the "angel" that Heavenly Father sent to answer your prayer today. Thank you for sharing this experience to remind us we're never alone. You're a wonderful mom Jessy and I'm sure mothers' prayers have priority in heaven! After all you're taking care of His children. Hope Caleb gets well soon. Oh how I wish I lived there to help you out!! Think about you everyday. Sure love you and am so proud of you!!
OKAY...ALRIGHT, I admit being a 'cry-baby' sometimes. Of course your entry made me cry. Just knowing the difficult circumstances you're under and the love of a Father who delights to demonstrate His love and admiration for a faithful daughter. What a wonderful witness that you are never alone. I love you Jesse and miss you very much. And Mady sounds SO adorable but then I have a fondness for onery independent personalities. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful event with your readers. Love you all. Signed: The Other Half.
ONE THING IS FOR DANG SURE.... YOU ARE A TROOPER! you did the right thing, the Lord has answered so many of my prayers and the Lord is good! I sure hope the kids behave for you and I most certainly hope that Caleb gets better. Good luck, thanks for thinking of me. Love you too! call me! ;)
P.S. WE NEED A PLAY DAY TOGETHER!
Post a Comment