Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Man of the House

Caleb is such an awesome kid! I realize that sometimes in my blog postings he's not on here as much because more of the action happens during the day when he's at school. Yesterday we were able to have a couple of hours alone and went and grabbed a bit of Subway together. He insisted that he could go get the soda for us, and I let him. He picked out Dr. Pepper which I thought was funny because we don't buy soda and I thought that he would of picked out the orange stuff. I went to go take a drink and he said, " I just want to warn you Mom that it might make you burp for awhile." LOL. He's been helping me out with Jackson a lot lately. The other day I took Jackson out of the car and placed him in the entryway of the house and went back into the garage for Maddy. I came back in and took Madeline's jacket off and realized that Jackson wasn't where I put him. I panicked for a second and asked everyone if they knew where Jackson went. Caleb had carried him upstairs, took him out of his car seat, and laid him on the ground to play with his toys. WOW! I would of never thought that he could actually do that. He really takes "the man of the house" situation seriously sometimes. I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to be Caleb's Mom. He's an awesome spirit.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

Caleb is awesome and I'm happy to hear he's such a good helper. He has a good sense of right and wrong. Caleb, I love you so much and am so proud of you!! Good job being the man of the house!!

Unknown said...

to precious! GO CALEB!
ADORE THE RING ON THE BABY TOE!!!