Friday, January 25, 2008

It's FRIDAY!

I woke up this morning to this: lots of snow! You see, it's snows so much here that you have to plow the drive more than you mow the lawn in the summer. Of course the kids absolutely love it. In the middle of our circle is a grass hill and in the winter it becomes the neighborhood sledding grounds. Especially after they plow our circle because all of the snow is dumped on the hill. It's huge today and it still haven't had it's daily dumping from the plow.

It's amazing how little things make me proud of myself. And one of them is always stepping back and seeing a clean driveway that I plowed.
Okay, I'm sure the neighbors get a laugh out of me because most of the time I'm doing it after basketball so I just have gym shoes on and I'm sliding everywhere. Or the stupid thing just won't start. I kicked it a couple of times the other day out of frustration (still didn't start). Although, I need to mention that I feel so grateful for all the wonderful people who help me out. Countless times I have gone outside to find my driveway already plowed for me or caught someone in the act. Bro. Thurston has come over multiple times in the night and plowed it with his huge truck. Just today I heard someone on my front steps and looked out to find the Bishop and his wife clearing my deck. And lets not forget my living Barbie doll neighbor who does it but looks more prettier than anyone else I know while shoveling snow. I truly feel that the Lord put us not only in a great ward to watch over us while Aaron is gone but a wonderful neighborhood. It's a humbling experience when you know that the Lord was preparing a way before you ever knelt down to ask for his help.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

Wow, look at all that snow!! Good job plowing that driveway! That's my girl! Love you!!!!

Unknown said...

HOLLY COW WOMAN! God bless you and all that you are doing! you are a true trooper. You are so right on the Lord blessing your sweet family, and WOW' how sweet of the ward and neighbors, that is awesome.

On your comment on my blog on the books. I hear you totally! I think of Edward all the time, like he is expecting me or I am expecting him. Although Bella will be in tow. Anyhow, I hope I get the braclet. Keep trucken woman you are doing awesome! Love you too. Love Jenn

Unknown said...

I can't believe you plowed your own driveway! I love it! How wonderful to have so many helpful people around you while your hubby is away...sounds like you are truly blessed.