Thursday, January 24, 2008

Here's the story...


I decided on four specific tasks that I wanted to work on for my New Year's resolution. One of them happened to be writing in a journal once a week. I decided why not make this an online blog so that everybody can track our families progress as we spend this next year apart. So far we have been doing good. I feel like Aaron going to officer school first was a HUGE blessing because it prepared me for the next 18-20 months of separation. I can now admit, because my mom won't freak out and jump on a plane to come see me, that I was a mess when Aaron first left for Officer school. I found myself going through our dirty laundry just to find something with his scent on it and then sit in the bathroom and cry while sniffing it. It seems like this time I'm 100% better and right after he left I left myself have one good cry and then it was back to the "single mom" routine. I'm just keeping myself busy with house projects, basketball, gym, and ballet and karate nights. I think the kids have noticed a difference because bedtime when Dad was home was 8:30. Single mom's bedtime for the kids is 6:30-7:00 except for Fridays which I let stay up till when ever they fall asleep on the couch. Last Friday I painted the living room and entry way ceiling until midnight and they were on their second round of watch Hairspray. Gotta love Fridays, and there's one just 24 hours away.

7 comments:

Steph and Eric said...

Jesse I love it!! I think blogs are such a great outlet and a way for friends and family to get an inside view into everyday life. I call and talk to old friends, but I think it is through our blog that they really get caught up and get a taste of our family life.

AV8RAL said...

Awesome, my love! It is simply fantastic! I'll be reading it.

Unknown said...

Jessy...I love blogger! I'm so glad you have one! I haven't advertised mine on myspace yet, but the address is teamdiaz.blogspot.com. I will check yours regularly now! So much fun! Sounds like you are quite a Mama!! I couldn't imagine being a single mom for 18-20 months to 4 gorgeous babies, you go girl!! Meghan :)

Yolanda said...

Mija, we love your blog!! Good job!I could never figure out how to read your MySpace blog so this is great!! We're so proud of you!! Give the babies lots of kisses from us. Keep sending pictures.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo mom

Unknown said...

Hey- How come Kev got an email to your blog but I didn't? I saw it in Kevs email box. Well Welcome! Your blog is cute, and so are the kids.

Jeanne said...

Jessy,
Yah right, I don't come close to a barbie doll girl, I don't quite fit that category like you. I am so proud of you and if I ever again have to do what you are doing I would want to be like you. Aaron, you would and are proudof her I knbow, she is doing better than I ever did. She still has a smile. Hope you don"t mind me stilling her for a movie date. I am excitd to take her out. Jeanne

Yolanda said...

Well mija, you are the next Erma Bombeck!! I laughed reading your entry. Good thing you're writing these experiences so you can recall them when you're a "Time Out for Women" speaker. It won't be long and Mady will be potty trained. Unless she's like one of your brothers who was 1 week short of turning four before he was potty-trained. Let's hope not. When he used to poop the wallpaper would start peeling away from the wall. .
That's a great picture of Kali.I have the cutest grandbabies!