Caleb has one of the most tender spirits that I know. He's so caring and is always the one who's trying to fix any problem. I asked him the other day to make a Christmas list so that I can start shopping for deals. He came into the office with this list, which is actually is four present written on two pieces of paper but I love the ending of this one, and handed it to me. I was starting to look it over and he said," Mom if any of them are too much money for you and Dad I really don't need anything for Christmas. It's really okay." And then gave me a hug. He was so sincere about it. When he left the room I just cried. Not a lot of 7 year olds would think it's okay to get nothing at Christmas. What he doesnt' know, or maybe he's overheard me talking to Aaron is, that supporting two households on one income is hard. It still makes me tear up when I think about how serious and sincere he was.Friday, October 17, 2008
The tender spirit
Caleb has one of the most tender spirits that I know. He's so caring and is always the one who's trying to fix any problem. I asked him the other day to make a Christmas list so that I can start shopping for deals. He came into the office with this list, which is actually is four present written on two pieces of paper but I love the ending of this one, and handed it to me. I was starting to look it over and he said," Mom if any of them are too much money for you and Dad I really don't need anything for Christmas. It's really okay." And then gave me a hug. He was so sincere about it. When he left the room I just cried. Not a lot of 7 year olds would think it's okay to get nothing at Christmas. What he doesnt' know, or maybe he's overheard me talking to Aaron is, that supporting two households on one income is hard. It still makes me tear up when I think about how serious and sincere he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, I have to admit....I just read this and and burst into tears. You have wonderful gifts from God! You are very special too!!
We're blessed to have such a wonderful grandson as Caleb!! I enjoyed hearing his testimony on the phone. You're doing a wonderful job Mija. He does have a tender spirit. I'm glad you're writing these experiences to reflect back on someday. Don't worry......everything will be just fine. Someday your children and grandchildren will bless your name for your faithfulness to your Father in Heaven. Love you lots! mom
Post a Comment