Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My new addiction...ahhh I mean hobby

Our ward is so awesome and we have tons of active interest groups. We have music makers for the preschoolers, play group, basketballs in the morning for the moms with kids, quilting, and maybe starting some exercise step class. Anyways, last year Jody was trying to get me to get into the quilting class. It conflicted with my lifting class and lifting won. I thought that I would try the quilting now that it started up again, because school started, and I LOVE IT! I cut on Thursday, and then sewed here and there the rest of the week. Last night I finished sewing my parts together and now I need to decorate it. All the circles are snowmen heads that you put hats on or anything you want. I left 4 white squares that I'm going to personalize for each one of the kids. I just can't wait for Thursday quilting day!!!!!

6 comments:

Alex said...

good job! it looks really neat, can wait to see it done

Unknown said...

I wish we had a cool ward like that with differnt activities! I know of one a play day every Wed. Wippie Do! The quilt looks great, can't wait to see the finished product! WAY TO GO!

Brynn said...

WOW Jessy, I'm impressed! (Don't ask your mom about my attempt at sewing, it was pretty pathetic)! I love your quilt, great colors. I can't wait to see it when it's all done.

Yolanda said...

Wow Mija! I can't wait to see it finished!! You're doing a great job. It is addictive!! I wish I had more time to work on one. Your ward sounds wonderful!

Megs said...

your quilt look beautiful, but ummm im kind of feeling neglected becaue laundry, treadmill, and politics totally got dropped, sniff, sniff...When do i get a quilt in the mail LOL...=] Miss ya sis!

Smedley Family said...

it is looking great! love the blue that you chose!