Thursday, June 10, 2010

Milestones

I usually don't attempt to potty train till 3. Before then it seems to be a huge waste of time of trying to get a kid to do something that they don't, and aren't, ready to do. I rather save my frustration and use that energy for something else. SO...I don't feel like potty training. Jackson's birthday is in September and I'm not motivated. He's been asking to use the bathroom every once in a while but seems more content wearing a diaper. So the other day, kinda of as a joke, I told Caleb and Kali that the first person who could potty train Jackson I'll give them $20. To them that's like a billion dollars! Kali has been the one to try. Well when I say try she usually makes him go in the morning and that's it.
In other news out of no where today Lincoln started holding his own bottle. Aaron laid him down on our bed and he just continued to hold it. This one excites me more than a diaper-less butt!

2 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

It was so nice to hear more about your family! Your kids are so darling! I can't believe how big they're getting. I love the skirt you made. Where did you get the pattern? (Please tell me you used a pattern.) Can it be used for an adult? A really short adult like me? I might attempt it if it's easy enough.

Jayci said...

haha - that is SUCH a good idea to pay the older to potty train Jackson. GENIUS.