Kali had a soccer game last night and she totally rocked it! She's definitely a rock star.
Do you see played #4 on the orange team? That girl has a kick that can just blast that ball (I think we need to check birth certificates...kidding). Kali was up against her all night and at one point Kali shot the ball at the goal and #4 was on defense and blasted that ball....right at Kali's face. It hit her so hard it knocked her backwards on her back. Of course I freaked out and ran onto the field expecting to see a broken nose or at least blood but Kali just sat up and kept those tears in her eyes. She was refusing to cry. It just happened to be the first quarter and she went to the sideline and sat with her team and was back to playing after their time out was over with. Her coach came up to me after the game and said, "I swear you have the toughest daughter ever! I can't believe that she got back up and played." I was pretty proud of her.
Side note: I made a deal with the kids that if they score a goal I'll take them to McDonald's on the way home and get ice cream cones. I must admit I was sad, too, that there were no ice cream cones last night (there was last week). Hoping that Thursday Caleb will win some for us.
And here is the other half of Kali's cheering crowd. Lincoln just sits there and smiles. The rest of the kids could care less and opt to play on the playground. I love this time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment