I was planning on voting int he morning but as the day went on I started to think "we live in a Republican state, I guess it doesn't matter that much if I vote." Aaron called and reminded me that he serves our country and that it would mean a lot to him. SO, after I picked up the kids from school we headed down to the Lion's Club. On the way there Caleb and I had a little conversation-
Caleb: I think you should vote for the brown man because he hasn't been president before.
Mom: Well, I don't like some of the things he stands for.
Caleb: Like what?
Mom: Well he cut funding for our troops. I want someone who will support the troops. Especially since your dad will deploy next year.
Caleb: Ohhhh.....does McCain support our troops?
Mom: Yeah and he used to be a pilot also in the military.
So I went into vote and the kids were amazingly well in there. After I got out of the both Caleb asked me who I voted for. When we hit the parking lot I told him McCain. Caleb says," So...is that the man in white skin?"
That night when McCain lost Caleb was so mad and worried about the troops. "Troops might die now. We need to go get dad!" Aaron was awesome at calming his nerves and reassured him that he thought President-elect Obama would do the best he could to lead our country. I just thought it was so sweet how concerned Caleb was.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh...why do your blogs always make me cry... You are such a GREAT mother and your kids are WONDERFUL and just from reading you can tell how much spirit is in your home.
Asher and Caleb should get together. At 2:30 a.m. the other morning Asher wakes up and says, "Corbin, who are you voting for, A Rock Obama or McCain?" I'm like "Can we go to sleep now!"
Post a Comment