Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Is it actually possible that I'm developing a new fear? Earthquakes. It seems like once a month we've been having them. Last week I was almost alseep and I heard the deep rumble and then the shaking. It's not huge earthquakes (probably just 3s) but still I ended up playing in bed thinking about how I could rearrange the furniture in my room so if the floor gives out it won't crush Jackson or Caleb. Actually I just checked USGS and we've had a couple last week. Well, the positive side to this is that I'm proud that my rigging for my mirror had held up. That thing is 200 lbs so if it falls it's going to make the biggest mess ever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You and me are to much alike! I am paranoid over earthquakes and have never even felt a tremor! I am always in my head thinking of how I would rescue the kids and how I could seek proper shelter for them!

The Martins said...

Hey I think that is a legitimate line of thinking! But you wouldn't you be more worried... oh wait probably shouldn't go there! You probably already are.

Yolanda said...

The last earthquake I was in I remember running to get Jared because he was the baby. Sure hope you don't have anymore!!! They are scary.....good thing they don't last long. xoxoxoxo

BookwormMama said...

I grew up in California and have been through a lot of earthquakes unfortunately. They are not fun, one of my greatest fears unfortunately. Living in the Northwest they are a huge reality and all of us that live near volcanoes well technically we really can't get away from them as much as we would like to. :}
The good news is that they don't last too long, the not so good news is that they come without warning.
Something I do every night that I learned from living in earthquake country... always put my shoes by my bed at night {so you can get them on quickly and not step on glass in the middle of the night} and put a flashlight in between your mattresses in your bed for obvious reasons.
Something else to remember: open space is always better than a building and it's better to be on the second floor.