Thursday, June 5, 2008

Vacation Updates!

So much has happened in the last few weeks. I was finally able to see Aaron! It was so nice! I flew into Oklahoma City late Thursday night. He had reserved us a room in Oklahoma City at the Hilton. It was the nicest hotel that I've ever seen! Friday morning we started driving to Dallas, Texas. On the way we stopped and did a little shopping at the mall and ate at a really good Mexican restaurant. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive to Dallas. Once we got there we ate some more and hung out. Saturday morning we got up early and went to Six Flags when they opened. We were there from 10-10. It was a blast! We splurged and spend the extra money to buy the fast passes. It was worth the money. You would reserve your place in line and just walk up to the front of the line and get on. I think the longest we waited for any line was 5 minutes. We actually did the whole park twice and some rides 4 times. I think pilot school ruined some of the thrill for Aaron. I mean, when you fly a jet all day doing acrobatics a roller coaster seems like nothing. But, there was plenty of screaming coming from me for the both of us. Sometimes, actually most of the time, I could hear him laughing while I was screaming my head off. LOL. Sunday we took our time and drove back to Oklahoma city. We met up with a couple that has adopted Aaron as their brother while he's away from us. They had been shopping in Oklahoma City and just waited for us to arrive and eat with us. They were nice and I'm glad that Aaron has them. Monday we got up early and had a list of things that we wanted to do on our last day together. We first HAD to start the day eating at the Awful Waffle a.k.a Waffle House. Then we went to the Oklahoma bombing memorial. We felt that it was appropriate since it was Memorial Day. I took some pictures of it that I'll have to post later. The layout was beautiful and touching. After that we headed to Enid where Vance AFB is. There is literally NOTHING there. I always thought that Aaron was exaggerating but it's true! They had had tornadoes the day before so we were driving out in the middle of no where and all of the sudden on the side of the rode is a whole house, well in parts. The crazy thing was we had no clue where it came from. It just must of been where the tornado dropped it. Aaron showed me around the base, his room, and I met his friends. They all seemed like awesome people and I'm so glad Aaron has them. I also saw how much they depend on his knowledge and leadership. Aaron is rockin in school and it seemed like no matter who we were around they had questions to ask him. We ate dinner at Eskimo Joe's, which was a 45 minutes drive just to eat cheesy fries, and then headed back to our hotel room in Oklahoma city. We watched a movie and just tried to savor every minute that we had left that day. It was extremely hard to say good bye. We had to get up at 4 the next morning and Aaron left by 4:30 and I 5 am. One thing that I realized as Aaron and I held each other and cried Monday night was how much our Heavenly Father loves us that he provided us a way for families to be together for eternity. I always knew it but while I was trying to say goodbye, again, not knowing when we would see each other again I gave a silent prayer of thanks that I would never have to leave this life not knowing when we would see each other again.

4 comments:

AV8RAL said...

You're so sweet honey! I love you!

The cheese fries are world famous cheese fries that Senior President Bush has eaten and talked about before.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh.... you deserved that break and to be with your husband would make it so much better! I am happy that you both had a great time! I bet six flags was a major blast! have fun this summer! P.S. I can't see any of the pics you post from your phone!

Samantha and Dustin said...

Hey Jessy!
It's Samantha (Burk) Sanders! I saw your blog on Jessica Ellingson's blog and I just thought I'd write you really quick to say hey! Long time no talk. Your kids are adorable! Let me know how you're doing!

Alex said...

I cant wait to read more, especially since you just met the coolest cat in the world! HA